University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Scenario Evaluation Plan
The PEACE Agency purpose is to promote an atmosphere of protection, security, and support for individuals and families that are affected by domestic violence. The function of this program is to provide crisis interventions to stop violence in the home. Provide counseling support to those that have experienced episodes of violence youth to adults, parents, siblings, and/or the entire family. PEACE is committed to reducing the incidence of sexual assault and domestic violence through education and strives to challenge societal norms and beliefs that condone and perpetuate violence.
Process and Outcome Evaluation
The city of Portland has experienced increasing reports of domestic and youth violence, spousal and child abuse, assault, and incidents with road rage that can have damaging effects on lives over the last five years. Violence of any kind can leave people and young children vulnerable. The evaluation plan for the PEACE agency will help to end and prevent violence. PEACE will look to the community to work together towards improvement. The purpose of the evaluation plan is to outline an effective plan that will work together to strengthen and educate community members with resources for nonviolent alternatives. PEACE will provide tools, framework, and research to support comprehensive solutions to prevent complex and variable violence.
Plans will include a roadmap for individuals, influences, community, and gathering support from political and community leaders. The process evaluation plan will document and monitor the planning, implementation, and interrelationship of the proposed project which will describe program interventions’ development, implementation, and activities, provide quantitative and qualitative data on services delivered, and documents acceptability of the program to the community. Process evaluation will help in reviewing the client services and benefits. Annual questionnaires and client feedback will be requested and encouraged.
Program Evaluation Plan
The following information will be for the sole purpose of creating and establishing an evaluation plan that will impact the agency’s outcome in a very positive manner. The information used will be provided by Peace Domestic Violence Agency and will be mostly constructed of the programs goals, objectives and missions as well as the results that would like to be achieved. The objectives of the evaluation plan are to document and monitor the proposed activities and interventions and to provide data to assess the outcome of the project.
1. Can PEACE address the multiple needs of the community and reduce domestic violence, road rage, child abuse, and assault?
2. What is the relationship between the violence and the families involved?
3. Can this model be replicated elsewhere for similar situations? These three questions can assist the evaluation team and staff giving them an action plan to help focus their efforts. Outcome Evaluation Plan. Outcome evaluation will help in reviewing the client services and benefits. Annual questionnaires and client feedback will be requested and encouraged; surveys can be left for clients to fill out at any time. The feedback from clients should always be looked over carefully since they are the ones that are being served. Getting ideas from clients could help the agency improve their program since the people being helped should have input on what works in their situation.
The outcome evaluation plan will need to have responses for these questions:
1. Are the above listed objectives being accomplished?
2. Is there a need for more or less staff?
3. Will this program continue to benefit the community in the following year?
I believe using these evaluations listed preceding will help to keep the PEACE domestic violence agency on track and continue to help the community as well as educate to not only lessen the occurrence of violence but also to help those in need of dealing with the stressors of violence. In time, with counseling, education, and awareness I believe that Portland and other large metropolitan cities can decrease the number of instances of road rage, spousal and child abuse, assault, sexual assault, trauma and youth violence. Feedback from those obtaining the assistance is crucial to having this program succeed as well as clients knowing confiendtiality rules are in place. JOIN NOW FOR FREE
Yuen., & Terao, . (2003). Practical Grant Writing and Program Evaluation. Retrieved from .